Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blackberry Creek



Blackberry Creek - http://www.blackberrycreek.typepad.com
Blog Description - A journal of my life as a quilter, fabric artist, needleworker, and meddler in altered art.
Blog About - I am a retired book editor who loves fabric, quilting, and mixed media art (among other things). I began quilting in the 1960s and was sewing clothes while still in high school.

The first four decades of my quilting life were devoted to the wonderful traditional quilts that my mama and grandmother made. It has been only in the past few years that I have gradually become interested in art quilts. While I continue to love traditional quilts, I've also come to love the freedom that art quilting gives me to break rules and go where no quilter has gone before.

I became further interested in art quilting when I discovered fabric postcards and began making and swapping them.

I live in a small town in Alabama with my dog Sophie. I have four adult children, and one grandson. I am a recent widow, still trying to work through sorrow like I've never known with the help of prayer, friends, family, and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment